The purpose of the Kirkwood Eagle Athletic Hall of Fame is to honor student-athletes, teams, coaches, administrators and contributors for their outstanding performance, work, support, and/or significant contributions to the Kirkwood Community College athletic program.
The Hall of Fame shall be open to individuals who have made outstanding contributions in one of the following areas:
- a superior competitor
- a team with a significant accomplishment
- a coach with a distinguished record
- an administrator who has made an exemplary contribution through strong leadership
- an individual who has brought distinction to the athletic program in other ways
- Student-Athlete Success – The individual must have participated in a sponsored sport and demonstrated a high degree of success during any given season at Kirkwood Community College for at least one year. The individual must have been in good academic standing during his/her enrollment at the college. The individual is considered eligible after having been away from the college for at least five years.
- Team Success – A team must have demonstrated a high degree of success during any given season or period of time and must have completed their competition at least five years prior to date of award.
- Coach Success – A coach must have held that position for at least five academic years, and must have compiled a significant winning record while supporting the educational programs of the college and providing strong leadership for the student-athletes and the athletic department.
- Administrators/Contributors – The individual or organization must have made a significant contribution and/or rendered extraordinary service to Kirkwood Community College athletics.
Nominations will be solicited from present and retired Kirkwood coaches, administrators, faculty, staff and the current Hall of Fame committee. Nominees from the previous induction will be automatically considered by the committee. A deadline for submitting nominations will be established by selection committee. Nominations shall be submitted to the Director of Athletics.
KIRKWOOD ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME NOMINATION FORM
The selection committee shall consist of representatives of the athletic department staff and college staff. At-large representatives may be appointed to the selection committee by the Director of Athletics. The athletic director or his/her designee will serve as chairperson of the committee. Appointments are for one-year terms and may be renewed annually.
Newly selected Eagle Athletic Hall of Fame members shall be officially notified by the Director of Athletics and formally inducted at an Eagle Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.