Welcome to the Kirkwood Eagles Golf Spotlight Q & A segment of the week.
Hometown: Panora, IA
High School: Panorama
Year in School: So
- Why did you choose to attend Kirkwood?
I grew up watching Kirkwood's golf team compete at Lake Panorama. I saw their level of competition and successful nature throughout the years and wanted to be a part of that.
- What would you like to complete your major in and why?
I am not really sure. I am still undecided, but I want some type of business major. One day I would love to run my own business, preferably in the south that would allow me to golf daily.
- What has been the most difficult and/or rewarding part of being a student athlete?
Most Difficult: time management. It is difficult to be student athlete with balancing school and golf. It also leaves minimal time for a job.
Most rewarding: That's easy ...meeting some of my best friends.
- What do you like most about competing?
I love the atmosphere and being under pressure. The excitement of winning as a team is the best!
- What has been your favorite class at Kirkwood? Who has been your favorite instructor and why?
Microeconomics, because of my interest in business it was an easy class. Econ instructor, Mark Pelzer ....he has (good) bad jokes.
- What is the best thing about your hometown?
Lake Panorama is the best golf course in Iowa and that's where my dad is the head professional. We also live on hole 14 which makes it even better.
- Do you have any pre-tournament or competition superstitions or rituals?
I have to listen to music before each round. I always wear headphones, and 5-10 minutes before tee-off I turn it off. The ball marker I use is an Iraq war medal. I always start with the operation Iraqi freedom side up and if my putting is not going well I flip it over to the star side up.
- What is the biggest difference from competing as a high school golfer to a college golfer?
The quality of competition is much better. Overall the depth and commitment of each team is greater.
- What three people would you want to play a round of golf with and what golf course?
Billy Murry, Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant. Why? I want to golf with G.O.A.T's, Augusta National Golf Course
- If you could play another sport what would you choose to play?
Basketball – I played for basketball for four years in high school.
- Did you have a bucket list to prior to this question. If you did what items do you have on your bucket list?
- sky dive
- own a monkey
- play in the Masters
- One word used to describe you? One word your teammates would use to describe you?
My word for myself and that my teammates use to describe me is CHILL!